Thursday 13 October 2011

In Memories of My Best Friend Veena...

It was when I was 8 years old. I use to stay along with my Aunt and Grani. My only best friend at that time was Veena. Veena, my Lovely CAT. I don't remember from when she was staying with me. I don't even remember why have I named her as Veena. But, the only thing I know is she was most closest friend of mine.

Every day when I came back from school with my school bag and water bottle it was Veena who came running and welcomed me with her affection.
Whenever I was happy,  it was Veena with whom I shared my happiness and she cherished in my joy.
Whenever I was sad, it was Veena with whom I shared my sadness and  she cried along with me.
Whenever Veena was hurt it would hurt me the most and I wept in her pain.

Veena... I can still remember her soft touch, her warm affection, her trust in me, her silent love, her sweet gesture. My days started wit Veena and ended with Veena. She had silently become my life, my best friend in my loneliness, who knew all the mistakes that I did as a kid.

It was one of the most worsetest night when I wished Veena goodnight and went to my bed. I still remember that morning so clearly when my aunt at around 7.00 am woke me up and said, "Veena is no more". My heart stopped beating for a while. For a moment I thought my aunt was lying to make me get up early. I just looked at my aunt and she told Veena fell in well which was next to my house. I went running to the well to see what has happened but could only helplessly see some people removing her dead body from the well.

What could I do now? I could do nothing other than crying looking at her. We become so helpless when God takes away someone we love. And the most worst part is God only take that person away from us and not the memories, which keep killing us every moment.

I kept crying for days together. I blamed God for taking my Veena away from me. The thought which I had during my childhood that everything I love God takes away from me became more stronger. Even after weeks I kept crying all alone remembering her, hiding my tears from my aunt. After all, this time I dint even had my best friend Veena with whom I use to share my sadness. I started skipping my food and became weak. I guess my aunt was silently observing all this and she told my uncle.

One day when I came back from school my uncle told me that Veena has come back. I cherished with joy and threw my school bag and water bottle and asked where she is? My uncle replied, that she is sitting under the cot. I bent down the cot and saw her starring at me. I lift my hand to touch her but she was scared of me. Then I realized no it was not Veena but some other cat my uncle has brought so that I can forget Veena.

This new cat has best eyes and was very beautiful. My aunt started calling her as Veena but I could not. So, I named her as Sini. I never shared my happiness or sadness with her and she never came running to me when i got back from school. My uncle has brought her in replacement of Veena but she could never take my Veena's place.

Some relationship's are always special and can never be replaced by anyone. Veena will always be that special one till my last breath. MISS YOU VEENA.

2 comments:

  1. dont u see ur veena in me in sonia????though certain things cannot b replaced somewhre someone wil cheer u:) for sure

    wo jo bhichaad the ek na ek din fir mil jaate he soniaaa jaane thu ya jaane na phool fir khil jaate hein:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya surabhi.. neither u can be replaced by any1 in ma life.. Some relationships r always special n u ll remain dat special 1 for ever.

    ReplyDelete