Friday 13 January 2012

Meeting...

I have penned this down on a paper notepad while I was attending a office Staff Meeting in the meeting hall of my office. I knew I would have no work to do there as there was no such subject related to my concerned section to be discussed but still I had to attend it and get bugged. So to save my self from dozing off I thought I would at least do this holy work ;-)








President and Commissioner of my office have decided to conduct a meeting today but I have nothing to do here. Just sitting idle on the chair looking at the people around me. The people who have spent more than 40+ years here, contributing more than half of their life in serving this office. In this huge time they even lost their hair and developed a big tummy but still everyone are happy with the life they have spent here. They must have joined this place when they were young and enthusiastic but this place has snatched all their charm and now the only thing they have is a dull face with a bald head and a big tummy. This makes me scared of turning like this after some years if I continue working here. "OH GOD PLEASE LISTEN TO ME, I DESPERATELY NEED A CHANGE"

The meeting has started and now I can hear all blah blah in Kannada. This is so nostalgic and I remember the time when I could rarely understand Kannada just couple of years back and people would laugh their ass out if I would try to talk in this language but thankfully these two years have made me not only understand but also to talk and write in Kannada. *My achievement* :-P.

Getting back from this nostalgic journey of learning Kannada language I can see different expression on everybody's face. Some face full of curiosity, some are pretending to write down something on paper, some fiddling with their cell phone, some looking at the wall clock for every few minutes,  some sleepy, some rusted brains are working almost after decade and that too just to think about the fake answers to give if a question regarding their work is been asked and some looking at me to figure out what am I penning down so seriously.

I always wonder why these people around me are so much curious to know everything that I do. Sometimes I feel I have dropped into some other planet where all the aliens around me are keeping an eye on me and sometimes I feel like I am an alien from other planet who is left back here on earth and all the people around me are very keen to observe every moment of mine.




Seeing my terribly bored face one of my colleague sent me a text who was sitting just opposite to me. I opened the message to read and it displayed, " Why this Kolavari Kolavari D?". With the same mood I replied him, "Because D comes after C, so it is Kolavari D" and gave a very artificial smile looking at him. 

Finally the time came for which I was eagerly waiting. Ya it was a tea time. I had a cup of tea and some snacks and the meeting got over. 

This is what happens in a meeting in a Government Office :)

Please spare me if you are bored after reading this as I have written it when I was completely bugged up.





P.S: After reading some good reviews in flipkart.com got a new book to read. "Few things left unsaid". Have finished just few pages but I must say I am really disappointed. Book is not worth reading even once. *tears* :-(

25 comments:

  1. it sucks when some books turn out to be disappointing! I read this book called True Colors. It's a story about three sisters and it's amazing! Check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So its not that meeting but even this book left you bored only.....and it sounds like 'GIVE ME CHANGEeeeeeeee...."
    moreover don't go with those reviews they are all manipulated.....

    Smiles,
    irfan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for your kannada language achievement !

    ReplyDelete
  4. @♫♪♥PhilO♥♪♫: Hey Thank u :) Will surely go through it.

    Irfanuddin: Hmm ya ur right:) And I will keep this in mind n hereon will not believe any such reviews and get fooled:)

    Mithlash: Thank u:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This happens with me in all meetings that I attend and even after so many years in the corporate industry, I am not able to sit through a meeting. Just yesterday, we had a 6 hr long meeting!!! Btw, your idea of scribbling something then is really good. I wonder if I'd be able to cook up a post during a meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Neha: My meeting was just for some 2hrs long and dis was my condition. I wonder how do u bear a 6hr long meeting. Gr8 patience u have :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been in Government Office as a Management Trainee, it was horrible. Though it was an IT company with gym and library...

    Is the book that bad? There is only one book I haven't finished reading in my life - Holy Cow. Don't even look at it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha-ha. I like the alien description and the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Saru Singhal : Ya I agree that being in Govt Office is quite boring but its really relaxing and every1 is their own boss here ;-) N abt d book I mentioned above is just a big waste. Don't read it even if d author give it free to u...

    @Uruj: Ha Ha. Thank U dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol at the alien description!! :D And i hate meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun reading it .It happens though.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i had a glimpse at your profile.
    favorite books: u made it in to a sentence,felt like reading a book review.

    sad endings are always harassing,
    turning out something against our expectation always hurts

    ReplyDelete
  13. one suggestion
    that cat's animation is a disturbance for reading the post. so place it on other side

    ReplyDelete
  14. @aishwarya: First of all thank u so much for dropping by my blog and u have got a very lovely name:) And about your suggestions I consider them heartly, the cat will no more disturb you here on wards on my blog as I have placed it on other side and about the fav book i tried to edit it but not successful :-( Hoping to c u more:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. for that i shall follow your blog;P
    now the pussy cat is not disturbing.
    try try,u will hit it once.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol that was a fun post of a boring meeting :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now I will remember the name of the book. I feel bad for the author do as I fear when I will publish how will readers take it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Come on Saru Di.. U need not fear for that cos anything you write is always awesome:) And this book was really a crap.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahaha!! It was fun reading this post, Sonia. :D I can empathize with your situation. :)
    Felt nice to read an older post of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Yes I remember it was one of the most boring day.. Thanks Akshay :)

      Delete
  20. Hi Sonia, Learning to read and write kannada in 2 years, that's a really cool achievement. Tumba khushi aitu keli :)
    And any government office meeting must be terribly boring. Writing saves us from boredom as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey not just in 2 years Neha.. I am a Karnatakan and so I had 1 subject Kannada during my schooling but since my mother tongue is not Kannada i never used it and so was very weak in the language but now I am good in it:) Thank u so much for dropping by.. Nangu tumba khushi aitu :) *hugs*

      Delete
  21. ha haa.. that was a nice little fun post. :) I can understand how it feels and it reminded me of some of the boring meetings I have attended. ;)

    Must say.. you used your time quite well. :)

    ReplyDelete