Monday 5 January 2015

You, Me and the Magic...

Valentines day has always been a special day to me. As much as I remember, we Indians began celebrating this day of love in India after the movie Dil Toh Pagal Hai was released. Before that many of us did not have even a mere idea about this day. Thanks to Yash Chopra.

However, I was a teen aged when the movie was released. Since then I had been waiting for my prince charming, with whom I could enjoy every moment of this day and feel special, while also making him feel special. I had dreamed of making every possible thing, by which I would make my Valentine feel on the top of the world. But, that was easy saying then done. I got married and it was my first Valentines day with my hubby. In my busy schedule, where I had to manage both house and the office, it became next to impossible for me to make any plans for the day, which I was been waiting since I was a teen. I was disheartened. All I could do was to manage to bring a T-shirt as a gift, while getting back home from office to my hubby. It was a red coloured T-shirt, nicely gift wrapped. I placed it on his work desk. 

The shopping bag, in which the T-shirt was given to me, was really an attractive one. I folded it carefully and brought it to my room. I kept the folded bag on my table and continued with my other household work. When I went back to my room, I found the shopping bag in open position on my table. I was shocked, but ignored thinking that I must have opened it and have forgotten. I found a pizza bill which I had ordered last night on my table. I dropped that bill in the shopping bag and began cleaning the table. As I turned around I was shocked to see a Pizza lying on my table. The same pizza which I had ordered last night. At first I was scared. But, it did not take me much time to realize that it was the magic of the shopping bag

An idea popped in my mind. I thought, "Why not turn this boring Valentine day into a most special day of my life, with the help of the magic bag ?" And there began my plan to rock my day.

At first, I wrote on a paper Chicken Kabab, which is one of  the favorite of my husband. I closed my eyes with anticipation and there were the delicious Chicken Kabab on my table. Next, I thought to make him even more happier, This time it was the turn of his most favorite wine, late harvest wine. I wrote it on another paper and with in no moment the wine bottle was next to the bag. Then one by one I got all his favorite dishes on our table. What can be more romantic to a foodie like my husband other then this?

It was just half an hour more for my hubby to reach home. I quickly arranged the table and placed the candles around in the room. "Balloons would make my day even more romantic", I thought. But, I had none of them. Suddenly I remembered the magic bag. I took a paper and wrote balloons on it and dropped in the bag. Within a few seconds my house was full of red and while balloons, which completely changed the aura of my house.

I appreciated myself for such a magical arrangements done in such a short time. The door bell rang. My excitement reached its peak. It was him. I welcomed him with a warm hug. He was completely surprised to see the arrangements. That look was his face was definitely worth million dollars. I surprised him even more by taking him to the dining table. All his favorite dishes were waiting just for him. We had the dinner in candle lights along with the wine. The soothing music was playing in the background.




After the dinner, I gave him the T-Shirt that I have brought.
"You have made my day the magical", He slowly whispered in my ears,"Hey my angel, where is your magical wand"?
I smiled not revealing my secret.




"This post has been written for Baggout's Blogging Contest On Valentine's day. Baggout provides awesome deals on Flipkart, Myntra, Jabong, Snapdeal, Amazon and 100+ other online stores."


Image Courtesy - Baggout Blog & Win Contest.




1 comment:

  1. Ah, wish we all have those magical powers. It's really sweet and yes, Yash Chopra should get all the credit for V Day's celebrations in India.

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete